Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Only about 7 weeks to go!

So I mentioned before that I was running a half marathon, which is 13.1 miles. I only have a little less than 7 weeks to go! I am getting so excited and can't wait for this new adventure. I have been pretty healthy so far, just shin splints bugging me. I am going to a chiropractor today to see about fixing this problem, I don't want a bump in the road of my training! I am LOVING that I can run outside more now, so much more fun that running on the boring treadmill. We got to use the jogging stroller a week or so ago, we went for a family run. Jared was running ahead of me of course because he is quite a bit faster than me.

I am running a 10K on April 17 in Naperville at McDowelll Forest preserve, I am pretty excited about that too. That I know I can do, it's 6.4 miles, which I am already running more than that now, so I should be ok. I just haven't made it to 13.1 miles yet. Still have a few weeks till I have to do that though.

I have a goal for myself to get back to my pre-Luke weight by our anniversary, which is in June. I hope I can do it, I have the working out part down, I just need to get more disciplined about eating healthy.

1 comment:

  1. If you are in Naperville Chiropractor services would be something you shouldn't miss especially if you're experiencing back pains.

    ReplyDelete