Thursday, February 3, 2011

BLIZZARD 2011!!!!!

So we had this CRAZY blizzard starting tues night (2/1/11) and it went till the afternoon of wed (2/2/11) They were talking about it since saturday and you know, I NEVER believe the weathermen...but this time they were RIGHT ON! I think we got about 25 inches of snow! With the drifts, some places it was more!

Luke and I stayed at my parents Tuesday night and just came home today, Thursday. Jared was working Tuesday night till tomorrow morning (Friday). Everyone else had off work, but since my husband has one of those jobs that you can't just close down for the day, he still had to work. I didn't want to get snowed in by ourselves, so that's why we went to my parents. When we woke up Wednesday it was a winter wonderland outside! Just freakin beautiful!! I am NOT a fan of winter, but the snow looked amazing!

Here are a few pictures of my parents house, tomorrow I will have to take a few of our house.


My parents backyard, some of the drifts had to be about 4 ft or more tall! CRAZY!

I ran out to the front of the house around 7 am while it was still coming down. So pretty.

The street

My dad trying to get to the garage to get the snow blower out!

After he snow blowed a path...my dad is over 6 ft tall, so you can see how crazy high the snow was!

Me and the Lukeman in his 1st blizzard!

We were out for less than 5 minutes, I just had to get a few pics since this was the 3rd biggest blizzard in recorded history of Chicago!

As you can see he was so excited to be outside. Mommy was sick, so she wanted to get back in too!

4 comments:

  1. Luke looks so tiny out there!!!

    That is a LOT of snow, great pictures, Jacqui!! Also, I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your boots!! This reminds me, we have to go shopping together again soon. I miss our mallshoptogetheres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have your parents, they are such a blessing to you. I always think that if there were an award to be given, it should be given to them. I love them so much and I'm so thankful they are so good to my friend, Jacqui.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Crystal! My mom gave me the boots last year for my birthday.

    I sure am thankful for my parents too! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANCY!!!!!! I need some new boots, my are getting realllllly dirty and it's just time for a change.

    ReplyDelete