Wednesday, February 16, 2011

HALF MARATHON

So I am pretty excited that I signed up for my first half marathon, 13.1 miles, in May! I am running it with a friend I met in a small group I was in last spring. I can't wait! I am obviously nervous, the furthest I have ever ran was 10 miles, but lately I have only been running 3-5 miles, since Luke was born. I just started back at running this new year, so we will see how it goes! I am praying for healthy knees and shins, somehow I always injure one of those!


http://www.allcommunityevents.com/chicagoland_spring_marathon/chicagoland_marathon_home.html

Wish me luck!! =)

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Isn't it great when you start to get some of your old moves back after baby? :) I remember the first time I ran up the stairs two at a time without getting winded - I felt like a superstar! Good luck with the training and I will say a prayer that you will be injury free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim! That is so sweet of you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jacqui, I am so excited for you!! I'd love to do that with you one day too! I just started going back to the gym and can only push myself to do 3 miles right now, but I'll build my way back up to 8 and then prayerfully I can get to 15 one day so I can join you maybe next year!!! I LOVE exercising, it makes me feel so good! I want to try and start running outside this summer...maybe, I really love my gym and appreciate the air conditioning and TV!! HEHE!!

    LOVE YOU!! Hey, did you get my e-mail about Emily???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Crystal! I didn't know you ran too? Do you run on the treadmill at the gym? Good for you =)

    Yep I got your email about Emily, I just sent you a reply.

    Love you and lots and lots of {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Good luck Jacqui!! You will do awesome!!! I wish I was a runner, but I'm totally not! LOL. YAY for you!!

    ReplyDelete