Sunday, January 16, 2011

27th birthday

Today was my 27th birthday and I spent it at my parents watching the Bears first round playoff game and we kicked some Seahawk butt. I can't believe that if we win just 1 more game we are going to the Superbowl. Let's hope the Bears can pull it off! Jared had to work today so we went out last night to a fancy fondue restaurant downtown for my birthday. We had a FABULOUS time, I loved the food, but don't think we will go again. It was expensive and we indulged a little more than usual, and I am honestly still feeling guilty about it.

After the Bears game I went to the Apple store with my brother because he works there and with my birthday money and his discount I ordered a 32g ipod touch! I can't wait to get it! Then we had Giordano's stuffed crust pizza and my mom made me TWO fabulous cakes! One is this amazing lemon cake and the other is what she calls a HO HO cake...both were fantastically fattening...the only way to go. 



So I am looking forward to a great 27th year of my life, I can't believe the changes that have happened since my last birthday.

The best gift of all was spending the whole day with my sweet Luke. He lights up my life. I know I am corny, but I can't help it, the love that I feel for this boy is ridiculous...this morning when he got up I brought him into my bed, which is our normal morning routine and we cuddled for about an hour, then he woke up so happy (as usual) and was smiling and laughing. It was so sweet, the perfect start to my birthday, only thing that would have made it better would have been Jared home with us!

3 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday, I sure do love you! It sounds like an amazing birthday!!!

    I want to buy Scottie a new iPod one day, his was just stolen. =( It's actually the 2nd time it's been stolen. I feel SO sad for him, he LOVED that thing so much.

    Jacqui, I love how much you love Luke! You're such a good mommy!! He's so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I want some of your mom's lemon cake!!! BEST CAKE EVER!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you gotta start blogging again!! I miss your posts and updates!

    ReplyDelete