Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Big day for the Luke man!

So today was a big day for Luke! It started off last night when I moved him into his room into his crib. He has been sleeping in his bassinet right next to me for the last 4 months, so this is a big deal, for both of us! He slept like a rock! He went to bed at 9pm, got up at 1:30 to eat, and went back to bed till 8:30!! I was SO proud of him!! =) Then he took a nap in his crib this morning, not a long nap, only about 45 min, but I am hoping he gets better at the nap thing. We are STILL working on that, we got a little thrown off track with the holidays.

Then I have been putting Luke on his tummy more that last few weeks and it has looked like for about a month now that he was about to roll over...BUT his hands were more interesting! Silly boy. Every time he started to tip over he would stop and start looking for his fascinating hands to chew on! So anyways...today he actually rolled over!! It was so cute! I started yelling and clapping and kind of freaked him out and he started crying...poor guy. Hope I didn't scare him from doing it anymore!! Hehe.

I sure love him...he is growing up way too fast!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Luke, AND Jacqui!! That is WONDERFUL! Maddie slept next to us in a bassinet until she was months too!!

    Aw, I remember how exciting all babies "firsts" are! It reminds us that life with them only gets more incredible and exciting!

    This reminds me, Emily told me yesterday that this year she gets to get her driving permit!!! Speaking of firsts!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....why can't she just go back to learning to roll on her tummy!? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting Jacqui, and I am glad it went so smoothly!

    Last night was supposed to be Remy's first night in his room but after I put him to bed I remembered that we had left the power cord for his baby monitor in Raleigh. D'oh. So I ended up bringing him back to our room. It seems like it is always something...

    Love the adorable little baby hiney :D

    ReplyDelete