Wednesday, January 12, 2011

4 MONTHS OLD!!



Luke turned 4 months old on Sunday, and had his 4 month appointment yesterday. He weighed in at 14.8 lbs and was just under 26 inches long! My boy is growing so fast! I can't believe it!



He has been in his crib for over a week now and is doing fantastic! He has been going to bed between 8 or 9 and not waking up till about 2 or 3 and then sleeps till about 7:30 when I bring him into my bed to cuddle for about an hour and he falls back asleep and we get out of bed at about 8:30. Today, he slept till almost 10 in his crib though! I think he was just worn out from the shots yesterday because he slept pretty much all afternoon/evening and slept great at night, only waking up once to eat.

Naps are getting a little better, some days are better than others. He has slept in his crib for most naps and a couple times slept for 3 or more hours!

The doctor told us at his appointment yesterday that he can start cereal anytime now since his head control is so good. We will probably start that next week.

It is crazy how much he has changed over the last 4 months. He is so alert now and he absolutely LOVES his dogs! He loves to watch them, and reaches out and tries to grab Toby. Toby is so good with him, he just sits there and lets him, but then tries to lick in his mouth. Gross. Emma is a little scared of him, she comes around but takes off when she gets nervous.



Luke is smiling ALL the time now and recognizes faces and it just melts my heart when he sees me and gets a huge smile on his face. I love him so much! He has started to roll over and scootch himself kind of like a little worm across his blanket on the floor. He loves to sit up or stand up with the help of mommy and daddy. He started laughing the other day, it was the first time he laughed when I tickled him. He has giggled a little here and there, but this was the first REAL laugh I heard. I started to tear up, I know I am cheesy, but I just can't believe how much I love this little boy.

1 comment:

  1. He's so beautiful, Jacqui and you are such a good Mommy! I LOOOOOOVE the picture with Emma and Toby! SO CUTE!! Gosh, I can't believe he's 4 months old already too!

    ReplyDelete