Saturday, January 1, 2011

Where did this year go??

Wow, 2011. Where did 2010 go? This year has been such an amazing year, so many blessings, and so many challenges at the same time. I was just reflecting on this last year and things I would change for this coming year. I don't really make "resolutions" just realistic goals. I feel like I just let this year slip through my fingers, I feel like I have slipped away from what makes my heart beat this year. I mean, I have so many blessings and things to be thankful for, but how quickly do I forget to turn to the ONE who gave me these amazing gifts? How quickly do I forget to praise Him and follow after him without abandon? The main thing that I regret this year, is not deepening my relationship with God, I feel like I have been just plain lazy. No good excuses. I want to begin this year RIGHT. I want to lay down my life for the one who gave me life. I want to wake up every morning and praise God for the breath he has given me, and most of all for my family, for a husband who works harder than any man I know, and loves me no matter how crazy I can be sometimes. And this amazing gift that God gave to us, I want to never cease to praise him for this little sweet boy that I have the joy of raising. I want to never forget to turn to Him for guidance in raising Luke. I want Luke to see Jesus in me, and right now, it seems like that is not at all what shines through me.

2011 is a brand new start. I love that his grace is new every morning, because, man, I need it. I need grace in everything I do, most days, I make more wrong choices than right, but how amazing is it that God loves me, even in-spite of the stupid choices I make. Wow, now that is amazing grace...how sweet it is.

Thank you Jesus for a brand new year, and for your grace, because I don't know where I would be with out your unfailing love.
 
Here is a beautiful song that has been on my mind lately.

Your love never fails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoezWBPGRAc





2 comments:

  1. I love this post and 100% relate to it. Jacqui, I have ALWAYS loved your heart and your true love for Christ. I miss you and I love you. I think you and I have the same goals for 2011, we can encourage each other through it and grow together deeper in Christ! I love you! Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Crystal! I can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete