Thursday, December 22, 2011

Our family Christmas

So since Jared is a firefighter, he doesn't have a normal schedule like most people and doesn't get Christmas off. It just depends how his shift falls, and this year we got very unlucky with almost every holiday but Thanksgiving Jared has been working. So we made the most of it and had our own Christmas on Wednesday 12/21. I made homemade cinnamon rolls and a sausage and egg casserole the night before so in the morning when I woke up I threw them into the oven and then we had a fabulous breakfast together!



Then after we ate we watched Luke open his presents. Jared and I decided not to get each other presents this year. It always seems to silly to buy each other gifts with our money. So we just got Luke and the dogs gifts. It was so fun to watch Luke open presents, last year he slept through us opening his presents for him. This year he tore the paper off by himself and was so excited about each gift!

YES! Cars!

And trucks!!

AND a Bat Mobile (can you tell this boy LOVES trucks!)

This is a soccer net and soccer ball, I am convinced he will be our little soccer player. He has been a kicker since he was in my belly. And when he was newborn he was always kick kick kickin!

Our little chef, now has his own kitchen!


After Luke's nap and lunch we made some sugar cookies together. Well...I made them mostly and Luke and daddy just punched out a couple cookies, along with eating some cookie dough.


Taste testing. :)


After this we dropped Luke off where he napped again at Grammy and Grampy's and we went to my dr's appt and got to hear the baby's heartbeat and find out that I passed the glucose tolerance test...BUT as great as that sounds, I have to take it again at the normal time 28ish weeks. Let's hope I pass it then too!!

Then Jared and I went out for a date to Cheesecake Factory and went to church together to Willowcreek's Christmas program. It was a beautiful service, as always.

It was a perfect day. Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment