Saturday, November 13, 2010

After a long week...

So after about a week of trying baby wise...well I have to be honest, I wasn't being 100% disciplined with it, but I realized that Luke is not ready for this yet, or maybe it is just not for him all together. I mean, of course he will be on a schedule when he is ready, but right now, it was causing more stress for the both of us then helping. So I am thinking that, like most people said, we should wait till he is about 3 months to start a schedule. As of right now, it was way too hard to try to keep him awake for 2 hours, it was making him very unhappy, and that is the last thing I want to do, make my sweet boy unhappy. We are still going to try to get him to take some of his naps in his crib to get him ready for the "big move", which neither of us are ready for yet. (Especially me, I LOVE having my little man right next to me)

Anyways, today was a great day, I went out shopping with my mom and got some cute clothes for Luke, he is getting more pictures taken by our amazing friend, Sara with Autumn Fields Photography, the week of Thanksgiving. We are having family pictures with our family and Jared's sister, Sarah's family, so we can get pics of all the cousins. So I am really excited about that! I hope we can get him to smile in the pictures. He still picks and chooses when he wants to smile...the best time to get him to smile is when he is getting his diaper changed or when he's naked. He loves sitting around in a onesie, but it is a little too cold now to be doing that.

After we went shopping we visited daddy at work, they had the turkey raffle tonight at his fire station, it was crazy but Luke loved all the attention! I can't wait till he is bigger and he realizes how cool his daddy's job is =)


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous day! Is it just the picture or does Luke look like he grew a lot in just a week!!? He's SO CUTE!!! He's looking less and less like a newborn and more like a wittle baby waby. TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha the bumbo chair!! Those things crack me up!! You do what you need to Jacqui!! You are the Mom and you ultimately know what's best for you, Jared and Luke! Don't worry what other people say or "might" be saying! Seriously, he's pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete