Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 4 of sleep training

So it is now Day 4 of trying to get Luke on a sleep schedule. It has been going pretty good so far, but still not the best. It is SOOOO hard to keep him awake when he wants to sleep!! He has taken a couple really good naps in his crib, but I decided that I wasn't completely ready to do naps ONLY in his crib. He has taken a couple naps with me, some in his carseat so I can be out and about running errands etc. So I would say overall it is going well. I just REALLY hate trying to keep Luke awake when he really just wants to sleep. But I am sure he will get used to this and WANT to stay awake! At least that is my hope =)

This afternoon I hung out at my parents house with Luke while Jared did some work around the house with out us in his hair. And Luke's grampy just couldn't wait to show me how Luke scootches on the floor. It's really sweet how much my parents adore Luke, I am so lucky to have them here to help me out so much since Jared has a crazy work schedule.

Here is a little video of Luke and grampy playing scootchy...yes the girly voice you hear is my dad talking in his baby voice for Luke...hahaha


Luke has been trying to stand up in my arms now when I am holding him against my chest...he is getting so strong!

He has his 2 month appointment on tuesday, I can't wait to see how big he is! But I am NOT looking forward to shots =( my poor sweet boy.

6 comments:

  1. Don't stress yourself out right now getting him on a schedule. From other moms I have talked to and my own experience, it isn't until 3 months that a schedule really happens. Up until then they pretty much eat and sleep all the time with awake times only being anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are doing awesome! I think 8 weeks is a great time to start incorporating good sleep habits, but like Sarah said, you still have plenty of time to get a schedule locked in so don't sweat it! He is adorable, can't wait to hear how he does at his appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqui, you are doing GREAT!!!!!!! I remember it was really hard to keep Maddie awake too. Our trick was we just got her completely naked and Scott would woosh her around the room (while I looked away!). I know that even sometimes that didn't even help, haha!! I'm so proud of you for sticking to it. You will be so glad that you did. I am so thankful for Baby Wise!!

    Luke is so blessed to have a momma who loves him so much. I can't wait to hold him again. He's just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to comment about the video!!! I can't believe he's scooting around already and what a good Grandpa!! Luke is truly blessed! I love your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you girls! I am trying not to stress myself out and to remind myself that the same thing doesn't work for every baby. I want overall our little Lukey to be happy, so if I stress out, he stresses out and that is not good.

    One thing that has been working, is it seems like since I started trying this schedule, Luke has been sleeping 6 hours straight at night! Wooo hooo! Unfortunately I have not gotten 6 hours of sleep, but one night I got almost 5! And that is something to be really happy about.

    Thank you again for all your encouragement, it helps me get through each day!

    ReplyDelete