Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tomorrow is a new day...

So since my 6 week check up I have been "trying" to be healthier and work out more. The working out part is easy for me because I love working out. I love that feeling of accomplishment after I am done, I feel so much better. It's not quite as easy anymore to just work out whenever I want, but I have been really good and disciplined for almost 5 weeks now. My worst enemy right now is SWEETS. I feel like I have no self control sometimes. I have been trying to eat healthy and it is not working like I imagined. I need to wake up tomorrow and try again. Since tomorrow is a new day. It makes me sad that I haven't miraculously lost all the baby weight. I know it has only been about 10 weeks, but I want my body back. Everyone told me when I was pregnant, "Oh just eat whatever you want, if you breast feed after the baby is born the weight will just melt off" and guess what...that didn't happen. =( Anyways, I am starting new tomorrow. I want my body back, I want to make better choices and have self control. So tomorrow is a new day.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, Jacqui, I feel your pain!! I remember that struggle so much and I'm in it again. I know that everyone says to me that I'm not fat, that may be true, but I am fatter! I want to lose 10 lbs. I never get the chance to work out anymore. I work all day and in the evenings I usually have plans. I really need to make working out more of a priority and you are inspiring me. I also have been making such bad eating choices. I really need to get back on track so I can lose these extra pounds before I just keep gaining. It's really scary for me. I never want to be obese again. Also, I just felt soooooooooooo much better when I was working out. SO. MUCH. BETTER.

    I'm proud of you for being so disciplined and for working so hard. Just keep it up, you will get your body back!! I think you look so fantastic already, but know what you mean!! Everyone tells me that I look good, but I don't feel that way and I really want to feel that way. I loved how I felt 10 lbs ago and I never had to worry about my stomach sticking out or what it was doing. Now, it's always poofing out and giving me crap! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll happen Jacqui! As they say, 9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off. I'm sure in your case it will be sooner than that though :)

    Also, an interesting thing I heard from a couple of places was that breastfeeding will only help you lose weight to a certain point because while you are breastfeeding your body is wired to hold on to a fat reserve so that you can still make milk for a while if something catastrophic were to happen (like a famine.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I know it will happen sooner or later...I am just inpatient and I guess I thought that I would just wake up after having Luke and be back to normal...haha yeah right. (that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it makes my point)

    I have never heard that Kim, but it totally makes sense. Everyone just kept telling me when I was pregnant, oh don't worry it will melt right off...psssh whatev. They were crazy! Anyways, I am working out hard, and making better decisions with what I eat, so hopefully that will be good enough. I may try to just stay away from the scale, because it lies. =)

    ReplyDelete